Sunday, March 13, 2011

Harrach Alabaster Glass vase @ South Coast Antiques & Gallery, Ocean Springs, MS



..........A few years back I purchased a small vase that I thought was 1880's British Bristol glass.
I had it out in the shop priced as such.

I was doing some online research on a totally unrelated item and was surprised to discover that it was more than likely a very scarce Harrach Alabaster Glass piece from Bohemia.

I put it under black light and it fluoresces nicely and it has a grouping of numbers on the bottom consistent with other Harrach  pieces that I have seen online. I have also noticed that a number of Harrach pieces were decorated in the same gilt and with similar designs.

This vase is a truly a great find for anyone that is collecting Victorian era Bohemian glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment