Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A Quick Visit to the Biloxi Lighthouse and the Fresnel Lens

Today we were driving by the Biloxi Lighthouse and it happened to be open so we decided to stop and have a bit of a visit!  Had a real enjoyable time. There were two very knowledgeable people working on site a gentleman at the entrance and a very attractive young woman at the top. We talked for awhile and I took a few quick images using the camera on my phone. Not great images, but they will give you an idea of the kind of moody, misty atmospheric morning that we were having. 
I had the chance to inspect the fresnel Lens up close. This was a real treat for me, being that I have had a life long interest in all manner of lighting devices and the fresnel Lens is one of the ultimate lamps!

The New Biloxi Visitors Center as seen from the top of the lighthouse

The fresnel Lens

The Beau Rivage Seen From the Biloxi Lighthouse




Biloxi Lighthouse stamp




No comments:

Post a Comment